Segmentation fault (core dumped) with cvs update

Tony lambregts lambregt at telusplanet.net
Thu Mar 7 23:10:19 CST 2002

I have upgraded my internet access recently and have decided to stay
current with the cvs instead of waiting for each new snapshot. I however
have run into a snag

I downloaded the latest snapshot from ibiblio.org (Wine-200202.28.tar.gz)
and the latest cvsdirs from ftp.winehq.com/pub/wine
(wine-cvsdirs-20020228.tar.gz)

After following the steps to get a CVS sandbox I now have a local copy
of the wine located at /usr/local/src/wine.

When I cd to this directory an try to update my copy i get the following:

[root at tony wine]# cvs u -v

Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.10.5 (client/server)

Copyright (c) 1989-1998 Brian Berliner, david d `zoo' zuhn,
                        Jeff Polk, and other authors

CVS may be copied only under the terms of the GNU General Public License,
a copy of which can be found with the CVS distribution kit.

Specify the --help option for further information about CVS

[root at tony wine]# cvs update -PAd
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Tony Lambregts