correct way to get windows version

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Mon Mar 18 06:29:03 CST 2002

Hi (I just returned ! :) !

On Sun, Mar 17, 2002 at 11:42:54AM -0800, michael cardenas wrote:
> What's the correct way to determine the current windows version wine is using
> from advapi32.dll?
>
> I looked through the list archives and in the documentation and I found
> VERSION_GetVersion(), but if I use that advapi32 won't compile.
>
> I'm preparing my patches for aol7, but I know that one of them is specific to
> windows95, and it won't be accepted if I don't put the version check in.
Well, GetVersion(), of course, what else ? :)

Or any other non-internal version API function that actually can be called
from a foreign DLL like advapi32.

There are tons of examples for that in Wine source, choose what you like best.

Tel. +49 7159 800604                http://home.nexgo.de/andi.mohr/