Heap allocation problem

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Mon Mar 18 11:52:10 CST 2002

Duane Clark wrote:
> Uwe Bonnes wrote:
>>Just a shot in the dark: Did you perhaps install on a real WinNT machine and
>>now run wine in --winver win95 mode or vice versa?
>>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q125713
>>points out some possible problems.
>

> I'm running a dual boot Win98/RH7.2 system, and booted Win98 to install
> the app. I don't ever supply a winver, but have Tweak.Layout set for
> Win98. The app ran fine (except for the toolbars) prior to the addition
> of anon_mmap_aligned() this past October (I had not run it for awhile,
> but needed it now again).

It looks like I never mentioned the circumstances where this error
occurs. Most of the app comes up and runs, but there is a large area
where messages are printed that uses a richedit control. Since the wine
richedit does not work, I use a Win98 native richedit.

What happens along with the heap error, is that the richedit control is
not drawn. Instead the desktop remains showing through a large area in
the center of the app. With my quicky "fix", the entire app including
the native richedit works fine.

However this is not specific to richedit. I have another test app I put
together that uses richedit, and it works fine without the heap "fix".