Road to 0.9

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Tue Mar 19 11:22:42 CST 2002

Andreas Mohr <andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de> writes:

> In fact I raised my eyebrows on that statement of him, too.
>
> There's probably a lot of NT object stuff that's not 150% implemented yet,
> I think.
> And if the wineserver protocol isn't independent from such changes
> (I dunno about that), then it certainly can't be considered truly "stable".

The point is not to freeze the protocol completely, it will clearly
continue to evolve even after 1.0. The idea is that once the protocol
is declared frozen all future changes are done in a way that preserves
backwards compatibility. And the mechanisms to do that are mostly in
place now, which is what I mean by saying it is finished.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com