Road to 0.9

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Tue Mar 19 12:47:12 CST 2002

Eric Pouech <eric.pouech at> writes:

> that's why I think we should clearly look at it now...  what bugs me
> is the server request which only partially implement a feature so,
> if we freeze them now, we'll have to add another request, which will
> be a subset of the existing one in order to prevent too much code
> bloat in this area, this should be reviewed rather carefully. it
> doesn't mean we have to implement all the features, it means we need
> to pass most of the information (when possible)

It's OK to add fields to existing requests, this doesn't break
backwards compatibility. In fact that's one of the reasons for the
fixed request size. So as long as there is still some room in the
request buffer it's not a problem (and yes CreateProcess is an
exception, and will be fixed before the protocol is really frozen).

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at