debugging longman dictionary

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Tue Mar 19 14:47:26 CST 2002

> The only call to the ReadWriteDR2 function I found in the disassembler output
> is a read call, and the DR2 value is compared with 0xffb31146. Hope this
> helps.
well, not really DR0..3 contain the linear address where you want to put
your
breakpoint... so there's no reason it's updated by the 0 fault, however
is DR2 set by hand before the call to the function
similary is DR7 set in the nearby (this is the register that
enables/disables
among other things, the use of the addresses stored in the DR0..3 regs)

A+