Bugzilla and the Apps database
tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net
Thu Mar 21 07:47:47 CST 2002
Tony lambregts wrote:
> Michael Cardenas wrote:
> > I think that is a great idea. The only problem is that there's not a
> > really good way to maintain a list in bugzilla that people can add to.
> > I guess the app list could be a big metabug. But this might mean less
> > flexible queries.
> I don't think I would like the metabug approach. What is the problem
> with this, right now people cannot just add an app to the list. I first
> have to go through a submission process to get my app put into the
> database right now. It seems to me that maintaining the list in buzilla
> could be done when the app was actually added to the database. Could you
> enlighten me more about this please.
> Tony Lambregts.
The more I think about this the more I would like it.
Reasons for integrating the app database with bugzilla.
- No problems with alternate spelling of app (M$ word, MS WORD,
microshaft word, etc...)
- Better quality bug reports (forces user to give at correct program
name and version)
- Keeps app database current.
- Reduces need for metabug messiness.
- Maintainer/s for app have central place to maintain app
- Easy to locate bugs with app.
- Easier to locate duplicate bugs.
- Encourage users to become maintainers.
Did I forget anything?
I think the long term benefits far outwiegh the short term amount of
work to get this done.
What can I do ?
More information about the wine-devel