Road to 0.9

Rick Romero rick at valeoinc.com
Thu Mar 21 09:37:15 CST 2002

Actually, there's a "Hack of a patch" that was posted to wine-users
regarding that issue, unless it was mentioned here, and I missed it.

See http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-users/2002/02/0299.html

If "Notes" is on the top 10 list, that patch might be a good place to
start..

Rick

On Tue, 2002-03-19 at 16:44, Michael Cardenas wrote:
> That totally counts. Can you pick up builds of wine on a daily or weekly
> basis and let us know if/when Notes breaks?
>
> David.Goodenough at DGA.co.uk wrote:
>
> >I use Lotus Notes under Wine all the time.  Does that coult.
> >
> >BTW, the current Debian testing build has a curious problem in that I am
> >typing blind.  When in a Notes RichText field (but not in regular text
> >fields) until I move onto the next line, or switch desktops and back, I can
> >not see what I am typing at all.  The new text and the cursor simply
> >dissappear.  Does wonders for my touch typing.
> >
> >David
> >

> >                    Michael Cardenas
> >                    <michael.cardenas at li        To:     wine-devel <wine-devel at winehq.com>
> >                    ndows.com>                  cc:
> >                    Sent by:                    Subject:     Re: Road to 0.9
> >                    wine-devel-admin at win
> >                    ehq.com
> >

> >                    03/19/02 06:15 PM
> >

> >I think this will really bring us a long way to having a stable wine.
> >
> >Does anyone besides lawson have a pet application that they use all the
> >time?
> >
> >Any volunteers?

> >>Sorry, I guess I should have been more clear, I just typed in
> >>word for word my brief shorthand notes :)
> >>
> >>Basically, the idea that we had was the concept of getting users
> >>to volunteer to "own" an app, ie. responsible for yelling when
> >>we break an app.  This already sort of happens, but never
> >>in a formal way.  We never decided the details, but I envisiage
> >>having one person volunteering to each test their favourite app on every
> >>release and filing bugs. (in a way that is helpful, we'll have docs for
> >>
> >that)
> >

> >>-James

Rick Romero
IT Manager