wineconf and ideas

Roland roland at netquant.com.br
Thu Mar 21 13:16:56 CST 2002

At 05:35 PM 3/20/02 -0800, Jason Phillips wrote:

>Working off of and submitting to the official LGPL Wine source would
>also obviously be a great help too.  Having a proprietary code fork doesn't
>really help the official Wine out that much, especially if it's never merged
>back in.

Why would they submit anything to the LGPL fork? Lindows can't use code
from the LGPL. So they probably and hopefully are gonna submit code to the
X11 fork, which was WINEs original license btw...
Thus the LGPL fork is certainly not the official Wine. In fact, after the
fork we have now at least two "official" WINEs...

Roland