DOSFS_GetFullPathName

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Sat Mar 23 13:57:08 CST 2002

On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 08:27:41PM +0100, Enrico Horn wrote:
> Hi,
> Ive been trying to get Heroes III to work with wine
> and I found that it cant load some file it needs
> because DOSFS_GetFullPathName
> return the path to that file without the backslash at the end
> although heroes3 asked for it with a backslash at the end.
> it asks for .\\DATA\\ and the method returns
> <path to heroes3>\DATA  <---- missing backslash
> in the method the last backlash is removed when
> no driveletter is in the requested pathname.
>
> I'd like to know why this was implemented like this as I
> cannot understand the reason for it.
Err, it wasn't implemented like this intentionally, I guess ;)

I know that there's some trailing \\ problem somewhere,
and I intended to fix some functions but haven't had enough time yet.

What you want is finding out which Win32 API function returns this
string to your program.
Then either fix it directly in this function, or, if really appropriate,
fix it in some Wine internal function, and maybe that is actually
DOSFS_GetFullPathName like you said.

Tel. +49 7159 800604                http://home.arcor.de/andi.mohr/