Winebuild on Windows

Patrik Stridvall ps at leissner.se
Sat Mar 23 15:45:14 CST 2002

> Patrik Stridvall <ps at leissner.se> writes:
>
> > * tools/winebuild/build.h,
> >   tools/winebuild/parser.c,
> >   tools/winebuild/relay.c,
> >   tools/winebuild/res16.c,
> >   tools/winebuild/res32.c:
> > Fixed some more of the issues that prevented
> > Winebuild from working under Windows.
>
> Why do you need to build .spec.c files on Windows?

Well, the .def file that winebuild generates have references to stubs
that are implemented in the .spec.c. This could of course be fixed
by a simple if statement somewhere, I guess.

However I'm not sure that there aren't other things that might be needeed
so I generated and compiled .spec.c just in case.

> All you should
> need is a .def file,

In any case the first part of the patch (winebuild.diff) is needed even
to generate the .def file so please apply that regardless.

> and maybe a small hack for the debug channels
> declarations.

Yes. But that could just as well be done in .spec.c
like on Unix couldn't it?

However I understand if you think winebuild2.diff is a little
hacky. I'm not 100% satisfied with it myself.

So what do you suggest?

Is the debug channels really the only problem?