Even more dumb regression questions...

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Sat Mar 23 20:29:09 CST 2002

On 23 Mar 2002, Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:

> InitiallyI thought I'd start with writing a test in Perl,
> and I got some basic stuff working. But then I needed to
> access structures, constants, etc, and had no idea how to
> do this, so I am now rewriting my test in C.  My
> understanding was that for the most part, the C and Perl
> testing infrastructure were supposed to be comparable, but
> I haven't seen any examples of how I can do the things I
> mentioined (specifically, access constants (flags for
> functions), or create/read structures required by
> functions.

   You can get the constants by doing 'use xxx;' where xxx is the name
of the C header that would contain the constants in C. Dor instance:

use winbase;
use winuser;

   For structures... there was a perl sample that created a Windows that
was floating around. But I cannot find it anymore. Does anyone know
where it is?

   If I remember correctly you are supposed to 'pack' the data so that
its layout matches the C structure (and unpack it to get the data). I am
not certain if there were plans to provide macros to do this.

           Demander si un ordinateur peut penser revient à demander
                          si un sous-marin peut nager.