Duplicated functions?

Warren_Baird at cimmetry.com Warren_Baird at cimmetry.com
Mon Mar 25 11:08:34 CST 2002

Hi all,

I've been digging around trying to track down my cursor issues, and I noticed
that there seem to be 3 identical implementation of the function
find_entry_by_id implemented in dlls/user/exticon.c, dlls/version/resource.c,
and loader/pe_resource.c.

Is this intentional?  It seems like the danger for the the functions to get out
of sync is quite high (especially since there aren't sufficient comments
indicating that other versions need to be updated).

If it isn't intentional, I'll open a bug about it (I don't really have time to
fix it right now), otherwise I'll add a couple of lines of documentation
indicating that there are multiple versions that need to be updated to each of
the functions comments.

Warren