Hack/work-around for cursor problem on sparc-solaris

Warren_Baird at cimmetry.com Warren_Baird at cimmetry.com
Mon Mar 25 11:48:22 CST 2002

Hi all,

I've managed to come up with a work-around for the cursor problem on
sparc-solaris.  What I'm not sure about is whether this should be checked in as
a general fix.

The problem was that if X11DRV_GetCursor (dlls/x11drv/mouse.c) is called with a
NULL CURSORICONINFO pointer, it would explicitly create a completely empty
cursor...

This doesn't seem like the right thing to do to me - it seems to me much better
to create a default cursor from the provided X11 cursor font, and use it.

The question is, does anyone rely on this behaviour?  From what I've seen of the
code, this only happens if there is a problem loading the windows cursors, in
which case it would be much more sensible to show a default cursor than no
cursor at all.

If someone is relying on this to create an empty cursor, it might be better for
them to explictly create a CURSORICONINFO that creates an empty cursor.

What do people think - should I submit this as a patch?

Warren