Hack/work-around for cursor problem on sparc-solaris

Warren_Baird at cimmetry.com Warren_Baird at cimmetry.com
Tue Mar 26 11:39:11 CST 2002

> I don't see how you can do that, SetCursor doesn't call LoadCursor.
> And LoadCursor on system cursors is not supposed to fail so there is
> no need to handle that case; if it fails it's a bug that should be
> fixed.

That's true, but the paradigm

happens in a lot of places...   What I'm suggesting is replacing them with
something like:
  HCURSOR cursor = LoadCursorA(...);
  if (cursor) {
  } else {

As I said, if you don't think this will ever happen in 'real life', I'm happy to
leave my hack in place locally until I get the cursor thing sorted out

But if there are any legitimate cases where LoadCursorA might fail, this would
probably give a better result...