Windows LNK file format

Peter Hunnisett peter at transgaming.com
Wed Mar 27 08:48:25 CST 2002

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002 07:44:38 -0600, Aric Stewart said:

> I would say write a winelib app using the IShellLink and IPersistantFile
>  interfaces. Basically do it the same way as you would under windows.
>  However i seem to remember that you need to call COM functions
>  differently for winelib apps than windows apps. Can someone else confirm
>  that for me?
>
>  -aric

Shouldn't need to do anything particularly special. Just make sure you're using
a resonable enough compiler and compile the Winelib application with the
-DICOM_USE_COM_INTERFACE_ATTRIBUTE . Have a look at
wine/include/wine/obj_base.h at the top comments for a little more information.
Otherwise, yes, you will need to do things a little differently.

Ciao,
Peter