Help me to resolve undefined reference

Ku Cheng kucheng at cisco.com
Wed Mar 27 18:07:20 CST 2002

Hi,
Thanks for the quick response. I did search the wine source code and found
stubs for DisconnectNamedPipe and SetNamedPipeHandleState these two Win32
calls in dlls/kernel/sync.c.
What is the purpose of this sync.c file.
Is this file linked into Kernel32.dll?
According to the Changelog in Wine relaese directory, the
DisconnectNamedPipe was implemented on 2001-8-23. What does it mean when it
says the function is implemented in the ChangeLog?
These questions will help me to understand Wine community's practice and
approach in resolving problems.

Once again thank you very much.

Ku

At 12:21 PM 3/27/2002 -0800, you wrote:

--- Ku Cheng <kucheng at cisco.com> wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I am new to winelib and trying to port my software
 > to Linux environment.
 > During the linking phase, I encountered
 > "undefined reference to `DisconnectNamedPipe(void
 > *)' " message. What did I
 > do wrong? How can I resolve it? Your help is very
 > appreciated.

Quick grep trough Wine sources shows that this
function is not implemented.

You are free to implement it. Try at least to
implement a stub with a FIXME message.

Andriy Palamarchuk