Help me to resolve undefined reference

Andriy Palamarchuk apa3a at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 27 20:02:05 CST 2002

Ku Cheng wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks for the quick response. I did search the wine source code and
> found stubs for DisconnectNamedPipe and SetNamedPipeHandleState these
> two Win32 calls in dlls/kernel/sync.c.
> What is the purpose of this sync.c file.
> Is this file linked into Kernel32.dll?

Oops, my fault, for some reason I missed it.

> According to the Changelog in Wine relaese directory, the
> DisconnectNamedPipe was implemented on 2001-8-23. What does it mean when
> it says the function is implemented in the ChangeLog?

This is just a comment to a patch which implements the function

> These questions will help me to understand Wine community's practice and
> approach in resolving problems.

The preferred method of resolving a problem is fixing it :-)

Ku, I will be able to look into this problem later, unless somebody else
will have time.
Try to research it - look how other functions from the same file are
declared and compare to this function declaration.

Andriy Palamarchuk