make test leaves 2 wine processes running

Francois Gouget fgouget at
Thu Mar 28 20:02:33 CST 2002

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Sylvain Petreolle wrote:

> Hi,
> Running make test with a desktop window
> leaves ok but 2 processes are still running
> and the desktop windows not closed.
> They cannot be closed when I use the cross or the
> close command, i must kill them. (don't have to use -9
> parameter)
> Running processes are :
> /home/wine/wine tests/vartest.c
> /home/wine/wine tests/sysparams.c
> (wineserver is here)
> I tried to winedbg them, but got error when I typed
> attach : error 5 (ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED).

   Aha, this error is interesting. I'm not the only one getting this
kind of error then. And I bet that your kernel is >2.4.5, and most
likely >=2.4.9.

Francois Gouget         fgouget at
     The software said it requires Win95 or better, so I installed Linux.