Improving the regression testing infrastructure

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Fri Mar 29 19:00:31 CST 2002

On 29 Mar 2002, Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:

> > >    True. So what we need is to add a function in the
> > testing framework
> > > so that tests can get argc/argv/envp. Seems like a
> > reasonable approach.
> > I was more thinking adding some wt_argc and wt_argv, with init in main
> > so that we don't have to deal with the portability issues of
> > the __argc,
> > __ ARGC...
>
> Is there a reason we can't just use environment variables
> rather than argc/argv?  I would think that would be less
> of a hassle than using argc/argv.

   The goal of some of these tests is precisely to check that what you
get in argc/argv is what you expect. For instance, if the command line
specified to CreateProcess is ... "a\"b\\" c\" d you would expect:
argv[1] = [a"b\]
argv[2] = [c"]
argv[3] = [d]

   That would be hard to check without accessing argc/argv in some way.

  Any sufficiently advanced Operating System is indistinguishable from Linux