DIB engine

Steven Edwards Steven_Ed4153 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 30 18:25:52 CST 2002

I don't expect my comments will add much to this discussion because of
my lack
of coding ablity but this something ReactOS is going to need also.

> Is the following accurate, complete, etc? Comments? Other
> ideas? Any volunteers?

I will help with documentation/testing on this if that is needed.

> 1. Have X export the required API

This wont help ReactOS out but it seems to me this is the quick/easy way
to do it for you guys.

> 2. Copy the relevant X code into Wine

I'm kinda like this idea. If this is the road you guys chose we should
be able to make use of the code also.

> 3. Copy the relevant code from MicroWindows/NanoGUI to Wine

Microwindows is GPL/MPL so Wine most likely cannot use its code. Greg
might relicense some of the code for you though.

Seeing as how DIB support is in use or needed by a lot of projects, why
not take the X11 code
And make a independent project? One that is licensed under X11 that can
then be used By Wine,
WineX, ReactOS, Microwindows and anyone else that needs it.

Ok I'll shut up now

Do You Yahoo!?