DIB engine

Steven Edwards Steven_Ed4153 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 30 18:25:52 CST 2002

I don't expect my comments will add much to this discussion because of
my lack
of coding ablity but this something ReactOS is going to need also.

> Is the following accurate, complete, etc? Comments? Other
> ideas? Any volunteers?

I will help with documentation/testing on this if that is needed.

> 1. Have X export the required API

This wont help ReactOS out but it seems to me this is the quick/easy way
to do it for you guys.

> 2. Copy the relevant X code into Wine

I'm kinda like this idea. If this is the road you guys chose we should
be able to make use of the code also.

> 3. Copy the relevant code from MicroWindows/NanoGUI to Wine

Microwindows is GPL/MPL so Wine most likely cannot use its code. Greg
might relicense some of the code for you though.

Seeing as how DIB support is in use or needed by a lot of projects, why
not take the X11 code
And make a independent project? One that is licensed under X11 that can
then be used By Wine,
WineX, ReactOS, Microwindows and anyone else that needs it.

Ok I'll shut up now
Steven