Help with LCM_Unicode_LUT in ole2nls.c wanted

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at
Sun May 5 09:35:22 CDT 2002

"Uwe Bonnes" <bon at> wrote:

> looking at LCMapStringW, I think we need some table like the
> LCM_Unicode_LUT[] table. However
> - I don't understand where the values come from. Odd values seem to be a
>   collation of flags, even values to be some character weight and
>   LCM_Diacritic_LUT[] is some weight for the diacritic.
> - Do the tables in ../wine/unicode somehow contain enough information to
>   generate these tables?

That was a TODO in my list of things for a long time. Unfortunately
my time is very limited now. I believe that unicode should resolve
all issues regarding LCMapStringA/W functionality. If you will not
find enough time to reimplement LCMapStringA via LCMapStringW don't
worry too much: eventually I'll do it myself.