x error when multiple wine processes running

Michael Cardenas michael.cardenas at lindows.com
Tue May 7 09:56:05 CDT 2002

In testing the dreamweaver installer, I keep getting these errors:

err:font:AddFontFileToList Already loaded font L"Wingdings 3" L"Regular"
X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  15 (X_QueryTree)
    Resource id in failed request:  0x2c00014
      Serial number of failed request:  63

when I do a ps -A | grep wine I see that there are three wine
processes running and two wineservers. Doing a killall wine allows me to
run the app again. Does anyone know why this is happening? I've also
seen other X errors after a crashed wine app where the x error is
invalid window parameter but the opcode is X_CreateWindow or

Our testers have reported that when any wine app crashes, you can't run
another one until you logout of kde.
michael cardenas
lead windows compatibility engineer

"Be the change you want to see in the world"
-Mahatma Gandhi