wineinstall fails after cvs update

Andriy Palamarchuk apa3a at yahoo.com
Fri May 10 15:03:34 CDT 2002

Hi Degs,

--- degs <degs at giantblob.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I find tools/wineinstall frequently fails in
> ./configure when trying to
> rebuild Wine after a "cvs update". I only seem to be
> able to fix this by
> blowing away the whole tree and re-fetching it with
> "cvs checkout". Is
> wineinstall the Right Way to build Wine when one is
> trying to hack on it?

Wineinstall not only installs wine, but also
configures it. Usually you do not need to reconfigure
wine each time you refreshed source from CVS, so
simply run in the Wine root dorectory:
./configure
make depend
make install

or in one line:
./configure && make depend && make install

"make install" will refresh the Wine binaries, but
won't do anything with your existing configuration.

BTW, question about installation belongs to
wine-users, look forward for your questions about
hacking ;-)

Andriy Palamarchuk