PATCH: Preliminary DMA and SOUNDBLASTER emulation

Dustin Navea speeddymon at
Sat May 11 16:23:56 CDT 2002

--- Andreas Mohr <andi at> wrote:
> On Sat, May 11, 2002 at 01:51:05PM -0700, Dustin
> Navea wrote:
> > which sound cards is this meant for?  i have a
> live
> > platinum 5.1, is it to be used by people who _do_
> or
> > who _dont_ have sb cards?  i must be missing the
> > point, but what is the need for sb emulation?
> Of course it's meant to be for people with *all*
> kinds of sound cards.
> Believe it or not, but there was a time when you had
> great difficulties
> getting any sound card other than a true
> SoundBlaster.
> The need is this:
> A SoundBlaster emulation is BEAUTIFUL :-)
> (as you'll be able to play all shockingly old DOS
> games with *real* sound :)
> Thanks for this very cool patch !!!
> --
> Andreas Mohr                        Stauferstr. 6,
> D-71272 Renningen, Germany
> Tel. +49 7159 800604

OHHHH hello, i do remember those 286 with 4
megs of fast page mode 36-pin ram, ega graphics, and a
roland integrated sound board that allowed my pc
speaker to make various bleeps and blips ;)  i didn't
even think about games like that...can anyone say
simant for dos 3.2! :D  ohhh goodie im definitely
gonna have to try that one out on my 1.2 ghz ant will FLY now! ;D

P.S. thanks for the kickarse patch

Do You Yahoo!?
LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience