Fix for focus loops

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Sun May 12 13:51:23 CDT 2002

Jukka Heinonen <jhei at> writes:

> Looking at this list makes me believe that fixing Wine focus handling
> should be assigned much higher priority than it has been so far.

Actually all the problems you list apply only to unmanaged
mode. Fixing that mode to be ICCCM compliant is fairly low priority,
and probably quite hopeless. In fact the whole concept of unmanaged
mode is flawed, and it will probably be replaced by a
managed-with-no-decorations mode (with a few exceptions for menus
etc.) once we have the proper support for doing actions like
min/maximize through the window manager.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at