Winelib apps and PATH

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Tue May 14 17:29:45 CDT 2002

Joerg Mayer <jmayer at loplof.de> writes:

> While I think that doing something like this should really be done,
> I don't like mixing windows/wine executables and linux (aka native
> os) executables. Maybe some directory like /usr/local/win (or winebin)
> would be better.

My plan is to integrate that with the loadorder and builtin dll
mechanism. So CreateProcess("notepad.exe") would load either the
native notepad.exe or the builtin notepad.so transparently depending
on your config. And the builtin would pretend to be loaded from
c:/windows/system just like dlls, so you wouldn't need to configure a
drive for /usr/local/bin (except if you want to launch real Unix
binaries from there too).

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com