Wineconsole (again)

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Mon May 20 15:54:31 CDT 2002

Andreas Mohr <andi at> writes:

> Why is the "missing font" message a WINE_WARN ?
> IMHO this should clearly be a WINE_ERR, as it's a user warning,
> it's not only of interest to developers.

Warnings should be WARN, only errors should be ERR (makes sense uh?)
We already have way too much noise being printed by default. Ideally
it should be possible to always display the error messages because you
would only get one when there is really a fatal error. As it is now,
if you want a user-friendly install, you have to pipe all the output
to /dev/null (like we do in Crossover) if you don't want to scare your
users with dozens of meaningless errors. That's not good.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at