Wineconsole (again)

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Mon May 20 16:40:10 CDT 2002

Andreas Mohr <andi at> writes:

> Besides, like you said above, "only errors should be ERR".
> This is not only an error, it's a *critical error*, as it aborts
> the whole program...
> If that's not an *ERROR*, then I really don't know what an error looks like.

Of course if it aborts the program it's a critical error. But that's
not what it's supposed to do, it's supposed to go look for a default
font. The right way to fix this kind of issues is not to print even
more messages on abort, it's to implement a fallback that makes sure
we never abort. Or if we really cannot continue, popup a message box
or something like this. The user should not be required to start Wine
from an xterm to be able to figure out what's going on.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at