Want to help Wine project?
apa3a at yahoo.com
Wed May 22 13:00:31 CDT 2002
This message is for those who wants to help Wine
project but do not know where to start.
We need contributors of a wide range of skills.
The minimal requirements are:
access to a computer with Linux (or other Unix-like
system) where you can use Wine.
We have a lot of tasks which are relatively easy to
The fact that these tasks are easy does not mean they
are not important.
Examples of the easiest non-programming tasks
* we *badly* need application owners. An application
owner is a person who often uses some application and
will help to make it work perfectly under Wine.
Does anybody use Lotus Notes regulary under Wine?
* confirm and research bugs in Wine Bugzilla
* Add a 'Debunking Wine Myths' web page
Examples of the easiest programming tasks available:
* Help Wine hackers - document Wine debugging channels
* Improve RichEdit headers
Easy, aren't they?
Do you need more choice?
* file BUGS in the Wine source tree gives more
information how you can help the project
* bug 406 contains list of issues which is easy to
Don't be afraid to fix all the easy issues, so nothing
will be left to others. We'll gladly add more! :-)
* suggest your help on wine-devel mailing list. Don't
forget to mention your skills, experience and what you
want to work on.
If you want to know more - just ask.
Do You Yahoo!?
LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
More information about the wine-devel