The 'file' regression test fails on NT

Jakob Eriksson jakob at
Wed May 22 17:05:31 CDT 2002

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 05:57:27PM -0700, Francois Gouget wrote:
> I tested the 'file' regression test on NT4 and XP and it fails on both.
> Here is where the error occurs:
> tests/file.c:236: Test failed: DeleteFile failed (5).
> tests/file.c:240: Test failed: couldn't create file "" (err=5)
> tests/file.c:242: Test failed: _hwrite complains.
> [...]
> 5 means 'permission denied'. DeleteFile fails just after
> _lcreat(filename,1) creates a read-only file:
> H:\wine\wine\dlls\kernel>attrib
> A    R     H:\wine\wine\dlls\kernel\
> Because that file is marked read-only, DeleteFile fails to delete it,
> then causing the failure of all the other tests. I checked and the same
> happens on non-smb drives (c:\). I also checked that the exact same
> thing happens on Windows 98.
> So the test needs to be fixed. Jakob, can you do this?

The test is fixed now, patch sent to wine-patches.
I compiled file.c with:

	i586-mingw32msvc-gcc -DREAL_EXE -o file.exe file.c

and ran file.exe on Windows 95B to verify.

So now the tests pass but one "todo_wine{}" on Wine and all of them
pass on Windows 95B.

Jakob Eriksson

The wages of sin
  is debugging.