SafeDisc-1 semi-cleaned note...

Laurent Pinchart laurent.pinchart at
Wed May 29 01:20:54 CDT 2002

>>There are two patches in there. The first one sets a fault handler for the
>>SharedUserData. This looks fine to me, and will probably be applied when
>>memory/emulate.c will be applied.
>It still isn't clear to me why you need a fault handler at all. You
>could simply put the right data into it at allocation time.
If I do so I'll have to update the TIckCount field periodically, which
will slow down wine for all programs even if they don't access the
SharedUserData. With a fault handler I can update the fields only when
required (access from the user program), and thus be faster.

>>The second one has been written by Alexandre to fix the process suspension at
>>creation time. Once again I'd like to hear from him to know what he doesn't
>>like about the code, as he's the one who wrote it :-)
>The main problem is that it isn't generic enough, it only applies to
>the create process request but other requests have the same problem
>and should be fixed too. I'll work on a more general solution.
Ok, thanks. I'll wait for your solution then. It was about time to clean
up that bit cause the patch you wrote for me doesn't apply anymore to
the latest CVS :-)

Laurent Pinchart