Stripping of whitespaces at the end of lines

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Wed May 29 11:53:55 CDT 2002

Andreas Mohr <andi at> writes:

> *If* we decide to use 4 spaces, then we might also want to decide whether
> to abolish tab-based "double 4" or "quattro 4" replacements or not.
> Or, in other words: whether we want to have all indentations based on spaces,
> instead of also using \t where it fits into the current indentation level.

Mixing tabs and spaces should be avoided because it makes the diff
output unreadable. And of course the one true indentation is 4 spaces,
but I'm not going to enforce that.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at