Wine 0.8 TODO v0.1

Ender winedev at admdev.com
Fri Nov 1 05:44:48 CST 2002

Oh, one other thing that would be nice, while I think of it... is there
any reason (now we are GPL'ed) that we cannot incorperate cabextract
(http://www.kyz.uklinux.net/cabextract.php3) into Wine?

Currently we shell out to it as an external program, in order to run
Microsoft's setup APIs ecetra. This is really annoying for new users, as
unless they look closely at pages of logs... theres no real indication
that's why installation of a Microsoft program failed.

 - Ender