Name, life-cycle, directory structure, autoconf, temporary kludges for wine rpcss subtitute?

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Fri Nov 1 10:21:14 CST 2002

Greg Turner <gmturner007 at> writes:

> This guy needs a name if I'm ever going to start coding it.  How about:
> Wine Remote Procedure Call System Server aka  A little
> misleading with the "ss" thing, but this name will look familiar to
> windows users, and is more accurate than my previous idea of
> wine-epmap, since it will eventually need to do more than just endpoint
> mapping.

If it's ever going to be compatible with Windows rpcss.exe then we
should use the same name. Otherwise winerpcss.exe would probably be
better to avoid potential name collisions.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at