Name, life-cycle, directory structure, autoconf, temporary kludges for wine rpcss subtitute?

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Fri Nov 1 14:55:36 CST 2002

Ove Kaaven <ovehk at> writes:

> I think I'd say dunno/maybe/yes. There's no terribly good reason to make
> it compatible, but I know of no terribly good reason not to either (except
> for the fact that we don't know exactly how much stuff it does - I think
> it does RPC/DCOM registrations, DCOM object activation, and probably hosts
> the Running Object Table). It's probably wisest to make it as compatible
> as we know how anyway, just in case.

Well, a good reason for being compatible is that we can then plug in
the native rpcss.exe, that would be a great help for testing. So if
it's possible I think it's worth it.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at