Wine 0.8 TODO v0.1

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Fri Nov 1 15:51:15 CST 2002

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:

> Well, maybe the "dll separation" term is overloaded. One way to understand
> it is that DLLs export all their external functions through the .spec file.
> And yes, we are not that far away from doing that. What I was referring to
> is the elimination of the internal functions exported in .spec files.

True, the term is overloaded; let's call them phase 1 and phase 2. IMO
phase 1 is mandatory for 0.9 (and we are pretty close to it); phase 2
should be well under way for 0.9, but doesn't necessarily need to be
100% done, as long as we can fix the remaining ones for 1.0 without
having to redesign everything.

> Anyhow, having the init stuff eliminated from all but ntdll/kernel
> would be ubercool, thank you! If you do it, maybe you should add
> a "Temporary hack, we'll go away soon" comment for those 2 inits
> left, so that people know it's not a feature, and don't use it in
> their apps.

Well, I think it is a feature, you need to be able to specify an init
function. Only it will default to DllMain so in 99% of the cases you
won't have to know about it.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com