RFC: prototype skeleton for wrpcss

Greg Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Fri Nov 1 16:14:06 CST 2002

On Friday 01 November 2002 02:27 pm, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> On November 1, 2002 11:57 am, Greg Turner wrote:
> > argh!  cut-and-paste is the culprit.  this is (another reason) why
> > I hate inlining patches... just too freakin' sloppy...
> Dude, you don't *need* to copy & paste to inline patches!!!
> Just use the "Insert File..." menu present in most (all?) mail
> clients... I typically do the file insertion as the very last thing,
> so that I only press "Send". Not that much chance of an error.

I did it this way.  still botched it.  your order-of-operations
heuristic is a good one, and would have prevented this mistake, except
in this case, cc'ing Alexandre and Ove was an afterthought, hence the
cut-and-paste boo boo.

Like I said before, I am aware that a majority of the folks around here
prefer the inlined patches, and I want to make you happy... so I'm
compromising: small patches, or patches not intended to be applied are
gonna get inlined.  Big nasties are going in as attachments until
Alexandre refuses to accept them.  In the future I will mark all
attachments for inline display, which should satisfy most readers,
without driving me insane in the process.

stubbornly yours,

"The purpose of government is to rein in the rights of the people"
 --President Bill Clinton, MTV interview, 1993