games

Greg Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Sat Nov 2 03:37:11 CST 2002

On Saturday 02 November 2002 03:46 am, Mark Hannessen wrote:
> > Can we post *how* to break the copy protection? I don't think so.
>
> we can. we could include the cracks needed to run the game on the
> site. it is legal use a crack if you own the game.
> as long as we don't forget the disclamer: "don't download this crack
> unless you own this game legal"

Maybe for you... but, this is supposedly illegal in the U.S., thanks to
legislation driven by our fiends^H^H^H^H^Hriends in Hollywood.  They
call this illegal law (we have many of these here in the US) the
"Digital Millenium Copyright Act."

Then, again:

 "All laws which are repugnant to the constitution are null and void."
  -Marbury vs. Madison, 5 US (2 Cranch) 137, 174, 176, (1803)

so maybe not -- don't ask me, I'm one of those dangerous people who
still believes in individual liberty... I'm told my type can't be
trusted...

Unless you are prepared to go to jail for your convictions, I suggest
you don't crack anything, get written permission from the copyright
holders, or stay out of the U.S. of A:

  http://www.eff.org/IP/DMCA/US_v_Elcomsoft/

--
gmt

"The purpose of government is to rein in the rights of the people"
 --President Bill Clinton, MTV interview, 1993