games-------- I must be smoking CRACK !!!

Thomas Wickline twickline2 at triad.rr.com
Sat Nov 2 10:58:20 CST 2002

Z_God wrote:

> Op vrijdag 1 november 2002 22:48, schreef Dimitrie O. Paun:
>
> >On November 1, 2002 05:36 pm, Mark Hannessen wrote:
> >
> >>copy protection, nothing more
> >>
> >>the problem is that there are license issues with copy protection that
> >>prevent us from inplenting it at all.
> >>
> >>but the game itself runs perfect.
> >>every function in Diablo II is inplented and working very very well
> >>framerate is even higher then in windows !!!
> >
> >Can we post *how* to break the copy protection? I don't think so.
> >So no, these don't qualify. If we could, we can add them to a special
> >section.
>

> I have been thinking about this.
> Maybe it would be possible to put the cracks on WineHQ, but making
> them so
> that:
> 1. They can only run in Wine (not in Windows).
> 2. Put a disclaimer before the download that says you may only
> download the
> 'Wine patch' if you own the game.

Hello,

Yea right ...... humm I have this nice game that I got from a friend..
Now I see your patch.. Do I own this game ? Yes its on my pc it is mine
I own it....
Did I pay for it heck noooooooo......
What ever you do dont put cracks on the WineHQ site...
A crack is called ( Aiding and Abeding ) My 2 cent worth on hosting
CRACKS  !!!

Thomas Wickline