dlls/msvcrt: msvcrt-popen-2.diff

Jaco Greeff jaco at puxedo.org
Sat Nov 2 10:07:06 CST 2002

On Sat, 2 Nov 2002 10:56:02 -0500, "Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> wrote :
> On November 2, 2002 10:41 am, Jaco Greeff wrote:
> > +#define POPEN_WCMD_EXEC     "C:\\Windows\\System32\\cmd.exe /c"
>
> Do we need this hardcoded path here?!? What about the COMSPEC
> idea that Francois suggested?

I'm still trying to get that one to go. As soon as I've got it, I'll submit
the small change.

<snip>
> > +    else
> >      \
> > +        CloseHandle(hHandle);
>
> What's up with all the macro abuse? :) We don't like cpp that much! ;)
> Please, try to do things without macros, it can't be that bad.

And everybody is a critic ;) I really hate duplicating code in any function.
I'd rather use a macro which make the function

1. more readable,
2. shorter :)

I would potentially rather more it to it's own header file than doing the
cut-n-paste thing inside a function... Would it be 50% ok with macro abuse
in a seperate header file?

Greetings
Jaco