Today wine's compatibility with 20 popular apps from tucows

Carlos Lozano clozano at andago.com
Sat Nov 2 12:31:03 CST 2002

El sáb, 02 de nov de 2002, a las 17:33, Andreas Mohr escribio:
> > 4. WinZip - The most popular compression utility for Windows just got better.
> >
> >    VERSION 8.1.
> >    * Install: Yes. (Dlls installed none)
> >    * Run: No, it needs riched20.dll to shown the text in zipped files what
> >       includes a message, zipped files without messages works fine.
> Hmm, why No here ? AFAIR WinZip works pretty well.

WinZip includes its own zipped example (test case? hehe :), and without
riched20 it will not work :(.

> > 13. Fruityloops - Make your own MIDIs, WAVs and MP3s in minutes.
> >
> >     VERSION 3.56:
> >     * Install: Yes. (It will install fruitloops in the directory what you are
> >       when run the installer, it is a buggy because you must stop the
> >       instalation with ctrl+c when it will ask by "overwrite files", but
> >       it works).
> >     * Run: No. (Need hhctrl.ocx native, with it the program runs, but i haven't
> >       used it before :/)
> "Windows syndrome" - you'd have needed hhctrl.ocx on Windows, too, no !?!?
> Hmm, or is hhctrl.ocx a standard Windows component ?

Hmm, i don't know if it is a standard from windows, but it wasn't
installed by the program. Anyway it is a very complex application and
i don't know anything about music, i am a bad tester for it ;)

[..]
> Err... this is the same crash as with...
[..]
> >     * Run: No, crashes. (sysparams.c:1646 - user.dll.so) (the audioplayer
> >       included with the program works)
> ...this one ?

Yes, does anyone want kill two birds with only one fight? hehe ;)

> > 29. Putty - This simple Telnet application could hang with the big boys.
> >
> >     VERSION 0.52.
> >     * Install: No needed install.
> >     * Run: No. (it doesn't show the right part of the window, regression????)
> Very strange. PuTTY used to work.

Yes I have seen it working around to 15 days ago, it remembers me that
12zip is other application with regression in the last 15 days.

> And please don't name it "Telnet
> application". Telnet is a small part of it that should be neglected
> as much as possible.

Good, i haven't done the descriptions ;), it is copied from tucows :)

Regards,
Carlos.

--
 ___         _          \  |  /  Infraestructuras
| . |._ _  _| | ___  ___  ___    http://www.andago.com
 Carlos A. Lozano   <___'/ | \ -_) __/\__ \ >  <  -_)
 [ carlos.lozano at andago.com ]\___|_|  ____/ _/\_\___|
 [ calb at epsxe.com           ]  http://www.epsxe.com