Today wine's compatibility with 20 popular apps from tucows

Carlos Lozano clozano at andago.com
Sat Nov 2 12:46:32 CST 2002

El sáb, 02 de nov de 2002, a las 16:54, Keith Matthews escribio:
> > I have taken the 20 first entries of the top 100 tucows list,
> > except that some entries has been removed, mainly antivirus
> > and programs what need other different program to work.
> >
> Do we really want things which have serious native alternatives.
>
> The ones I am especially looking at are Ws-FTP and putty. Most distros
> have a FTP server, even if it's the grotty WU-ftp with it's bad
> security record, and all the sensible distros are shipping OpenSSH.

It is the same that when you are doing a videogame console
emulator. You don't start testing the comercial games first,
you start with simple demos, when you will get the basic
working, then start with more complex one, and so.
The important is not run this applications, the important is
that sure that the authors of this applications have used
features what are the base of other more complex. So if this
features are working correctly, it will be easier run more
complex software in the future :)

Regards,
Carlos.

--
 ___         _          \  |  /  Infraestructuras
| . |._ _  _| | ___  ___  ___    http://www.andago.com
 Carlos A. Lozano   <___'/ | \ -_) __/\__ \ >  <  -_)
 [ carlos.lozano at andago.com ]\___|_|  ____/ _/\_\___|
 [ calb at epsxe.com           ]  http://www.epsxe.com