My WineHQ menu structure proposal

Francois Gouget fgouget at
Sun Nov 3 01:45:34 CST 2002

On Sat, 2 Nov 2002, Chris Morgan wrote:

> >  * 607 - Add screenshots
> Where would screenshots be contributed to?  Mailed to wine-devel?  Appended to
> the bug entry in bugzilla?

Actually, the larger issue is:

where should Web site discussions take place and where should patches go?

The 'How to contribute' section says to do it through
web-admin at But I think it would be better to:

 * discuss all web site related issues on wine-devel
 * send web site patches to wine-patches

We just need someone to monitor wine-patches and apply the relevant
patches and I'm sure Alexandre will have no problem ignoring the web
related patches. I also don't think the traffic on either wine-dev or
wine-patches justifies creating one or even two more mailing lists. It's
best to do it more in the open where everyone can watch and get

However wine-cvs should only get Wine commits. If something similar is
needed for the web site (might be nice) then it should go to another
mailing list.

Francois Gouget         fgouget at
                     f u kn rd ts, ur wy 2 gky 4 ur wn gd.