My WineHQ menu structure proposal

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Sun Nov 3 14:52:32 CST 2002

On Sun, 2002-11-03 at 11:50, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> On November 3, 2002 12:38 pm, Jeremy White wrote:
> > Yikes.  I hadn't understood that the whole menu tree would be
> > visible on the main page.  I don't like that at all.
> > 34 choices on the first page is way more than the 7 max
> > I advocate...
>
> Please look at: http://appdb.winehq.com/
> The menus are expanded, aren't they? And I was hoping we all
> agreed on something, finally. <g>

But the menus only have 7 main choices, and clicking most of
them bring up submenus in the main page (which is, on reflection,
probably not optimal).

My understanding was that we were going to use a primary/secondary
menu design.  The best example of this I know is www.pack223.org
(my son's cub scout pack web site *blush*).

You choose an entry from the main menu, and you get a secondary
menu on the sidebar.  It is like the Gimp, only the menus
don't expand in place.  The primary menu is constant; the
secondary menu varies depending on where you
are in the navigation.

Jer