WineHQ menu (take 3)

Igor Izyumin igor at mlug.missouri.edu
Mon Nov 4 07:12:52 CST 2002

[DOH! forgot to send to wine-devel again]
On Sunday 03 November 2002 09:11 pm, Francois Gouget wrote:
> Here's the latest version of my WineHQ menu proposal. I tried to take
> into account (at least some of) the comments I received on the previous
> one.
>
> What's especially new is that you can see this one on the Web and that
> should give everyone something more concrete to think about. Note of
> course that it's just a draft so it comes with disclaimers:
>  - I did not reorganize anything in the Web site so the links may not
> take you were you expect. In particular they will systematically send
> you to the 'old' site.
>  - the presentation is a patchwork of stuff taken from WineHQ's bugzilla
> and WineHQ's home page and about the only screenshot that we have. So
> the look and feel is far from consistent. But I want you to imagine in
> your mind that it all matches pretty well.
>
> Now that you've read the disclaimer you can have a look at it:
>

> http://fgouget.free.fr/tmp/WineHQ.html
>

> And now, I'll add more comments:
>
>  * Ok, first I should not have said 'on the home page the news should be
> a link and no more'. That's not even really what I think. I still think
> it's absolutely vital that the home page answer the question 'What is
> Wine?'. But once that is answered, there is room left for the latest
> news, a pointer to the latest WineHQ release, etc. See the above URL for
> a possible (if maybe somewhat clumsy) layout.

Great.  Just a few proposed changes:

- How about we remove the sidebox and just put the stuff onto the page itself?

- The green color has got to go.  It does not fit in at all.  Let's just use
the standard wine color (dark red).

- Logo should be in the upper left corner (didn't have time to change that on
the mockup)

Here's the mockup (done very quickly and on the wrong end of a slow ssh
connection):
http://mlug.missouri.edu/~igor/WineHQ.html
--
-- Igor