Games

Mark Hannessen msh104.mymail at 12move.nl
Mon Nov 4 09:36:26 CST 2002

greg turner wrote:

> hmm.... that's too bad.  couldn't this problem be eliminated by creating
> a safedisc "spec" from this patch, and doing a dirty-room/clean-room
> number on it, by implementing that "spec" from scratch?  Dunno if it's
> worth the effort... are a lot of people really in need of safedisc
> support?

I think a user should be able to just install wine, insert their favorite
cd, run the setup and start playing.

I bet that having a nice amount of games and progs that would work
this way would increase the use of wine with a few hunderd percent.
( and in the end more people who will commit patches )

but we will never reach this because we do not have copyprotection support.
so yes !! i do think this is importent.

note:
i have no idea how much work it needed to clean this, but i do know
that every new game out there is using safedisc 2.x

so finisching this patch will only get old games working.
so unless we can use/modify this patch for 2.x support it is probably
a waste of time.

but if we can....

Mark Hannessen