msvcrt-A08: _dup

Jaco Greeff jaco at puxedo.org
Mon Nov 4 08:40:22 CST 2002

Jaco Greeff wrote:
> This patch in the msvcrt-A?? series implements the _dup function,
> allowing you to duplicate msvcrt file descriptors.

I've got a strange feeling that I stuffed up here, comments will be
appreciated. Is the intention that it (_dup/_dup2) should duplicate the
associated HANDLE as well? At present I don't duplicate the actual
HANDLE, rather return a new fd which at the lowest level still points to
the same handle. Something tells me that I should be duplicating the
handle as well.

I just found some sample code which points to duplicating the actual
handle as well - comments please before I "do it right"(tm).

Greetings,
Jaco