WineHQ menu (take 3)

Igor Izyumin igor at mlug.missouri.edu
Mon Nov 4 20:07:39 CST 2002

On Monday 04 November 2002 05:59 pm, you wrote:
> On November 4, 2002 06:46 pm, Igor Izyumin wrote:
> > Are you referring to Konqueror?  Seem to work fine on my machine.  KDE
> > 3.0.3.
>
> Yes. I use RH 8.0 (KDE 3.0.3), but these menus _always_ failed to properly
> render in Konqy. Check it out:
>
> http://24.103.156.204/bad-konqy.png

OK, now I see what the problem is.  Something is set in the HTML so that the
text makes the table wider instead of wrapping.  However, Konqueror
apparently miscalculates font sizes.  I can reproduce this on Mozilla if I
turn on 200x font zoom, but then you can actually see the text pushing on the
menu side.  I can't see that in your screenshot.

Anyway, this can probably be solved by tweaking the stylesheet.  Jeremy Newman
came up with a different design, so I doubt that the current one will get
adopted.  If it does, I'll try to find a solution.  Unfortunately, HTML and
even CSS are supported in a very inconsistent manner, so it's difficult to
make something that works well on everything.
--
-- Igor