WineHQ menu (take 3)

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Tue Nov 5 09:39:03 CST 2002

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 09:37:59AM -0500, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> On November 4, 2002 09:07 pm, Igor Izyumin wrote:
> > Anyway, this can probably be solved by tweaking the stylesheet.  Jeremy
> > Newman came up with a different design, so I doubt that the current one
> > will get adopted.
>
> OK, we can wait for now, but being on the subject, I _really_ hope
> Jeremy will give the expanded menus a chance: they are so much more
> explicit, they just make the site more 'open'. And that is Good!
I second that.
Hidden information seems to have been the *main* issue with the old site
(yeah, I've had quite some discussions sometimes about certain things),
so we should really have *more* than one level per default
(and not more than two levels either, so you know what that now leaves us
with ;-).
In fact I dislike the preview (in this respect) even more than the current
version, since it's a very tiny very non-informative menu.
The current version, while not having two levels of menu info, at least has
the very good excuse of being damn well visible.

Tel. +49 7159 800604                http://mohr.de.tt